Absurd Spices

Fun and frustration from a gimp with an axe to grind. After all, absurdity is the spice of life. There will also be Punch and Pie

Thursday, February 16, 2006

A Blank Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste

It’s amazing how easily the daily bloggers make this all seem. Daily they issue new content that is on point, entertaining and well-worded. It is not as if I don’t have a rather large stack of axes to grind, it merely seems they never come to me when bidden, and tend to hit my mind at the worst possible moments. I get the topic, my mind ranges over it, and I’m stuck in traffic, away from a pen or anything else with which to write the though down. So, what might have ended up a rather well-crafted rant end up aborted and flushed out of my mind by the time any device for recording my thoughts is available.

Perhaps a tape recorded or electronic reminder. Of course, I could also keep a list of my rants and choose from the menu from day to day. But I’m lazy, so perhaps I’ll hire a migrant worker (read: Completely Illegal Alien) to follow me around and record what I need to have recorded. It could end up cheaper in the long run. Of course I’d have to let them into my car, since that’s when inspiration strikes. Good thing I keep a .357 in the glove box.

Have a good day all and remember: Never accept a ride from Ted Kennedy.

-Jesse W.

2 Comments:

At 2/17/2006 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually keep a notebook in the passenger seat of my car just for that reason. If an idea hits me I jot down a few quick illegible notes at stop lights.

Not that anyone has ever accused me of being on point, well worded, entertaining or thought provoking. I've got banal down pat though.

 
At 2/17/2006 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In a pinch you could always leave yourself a message on your cell phone.

Sarasmom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home