Absurd Spices

Fun and frustration from a gimp with an axe to grind. After all, absurdity is the spice of life. There will also be Punch and Pie

Friday, January 20, 2006

Fairy Tales and Fables

An interesting thought occurred to me as I was preparing to leave for work this AM. I know this might seem strange, but I have deep thoughts and, well, shallow thoughts too, coursing through my brain from wake up to bed down. So today’s thought, rattling around in my head, was centered on Government. With my House Representative about to become Majority Leader, I began thinking about the role of Government in my life.

I don’t believe in Local Government over Federal Government. In concept I believe that it is the way things should be, but I just mean that I’ve never any evidence that it exists in fact rather than theory. State’s Rights over Federal Rights is a grand concept to be sure. I just don’t believe that States’ rights happen to presently exist. Much like a child and Santa Clause, I want so hard for it to be real and for States to be able to self govern like the Founding Fathers put explicitly in the FUCKING CONSTITUTION of THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA.

So whenever I think about government, and how I’m affected by it, I think of the Fed. I have no idea what the Representatives and Senators in my own state are doing. I’ve no concept of our local government except the 3 steps of lawmaking, which gives us citizens the power to affect changes to the law and directly vote on what makes it into the books. Initiative, Referendum and Recall. We, as citizens in this Red State, can get whatever we want on a ballot and make law without waiting for the Legislature to get of its collective ass. We also have the ability to counter REALLY bad decisions made by the electorate. Except for some bad citizen led decisions that have been passed into law, like the cigarette tax hike and the Glendale Stadium for the Cardinals, it’s been an effective system.

So, I think we need to start thinking long and hard before we hit the polls. We need to review the records of the officials for their views on Big Government. It’s time to let our votes say States’ rights first or no one wins the seat. Just my $.02, but that's how I feel. I want my local news to cover my local government, because it’s the central seat of decision making for my state. Just say no to a bigger Fed, but yes to The Fed defending our borders and only making the decisions that are prudent for the whole nation, and not just a special interest minority. A Democratic Representative Republic is there for the electorate to represent and be a voice for their constituents, not lobby groups and their ilk.

I may not be the first to say this, of this I’m sure. But, it was on my chest, and now is on the page. Let us say ,”Fuck Off” to environMENTALists, to Big Oil, to Big Tobacco, to Big Anti-Tobacco, to the rest of the groups that have no say in how the states affect their Constitutional right to govern themselves. And we really need a big, “Fuck Off” to the judicial appointees that legislate from the bench. But, I’m just one man, and I could be wrong. It’s happened before.

-Jesse W.

4 Comments:

At 1/20/2006 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, where the hell you been? GET ON MSN - Slap

 
At 1/23/2006 3:48 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Great post.
I'm stealing your Santa comment that was on IMAO!
Sorry. ;)
(I will give you credit, however.)

Nice site, BTW.

 
At 1/23/2006 3:57 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Done.
It's stolen...

 
At 1/25/2006 3:49 PM, Blogger DesertElephant said...

Which Santa Comment? I have early onset, Mid-20's Alzheimer's. And thanks for the compliment. I try to be topical, and write decent shit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home