Absurd Spices

Fun and frustration from a gimp with an axe to grind. After all, absurdity is the spice of life. There will also be Punch and Pie

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Some Beatles Song I Heard

Ah, the thrill of the chase. I Love romance and Love and all that comes with it. Hell, I even enjoy the headaches that accompany any relationship of a romantic nature. So long as I have someone to call my own, I am quite content. And, as long as she has her annual psych evaluation and takes her subsequent prescribed doses of medication. Of course, you’d have to be a bit batty to get involved with me.

Relationships can be fun, exhilarating, enjoyable, frustrating, maddening and enraging, along with a host of other emotions. They are hard work. I know this, because in the past, I had been willing to work through any problem that arose, and the woman was not. Or the other way around. I’ve found that Love can be a strange duck.

People tend to use the phrase, “Fell in Love”, way too often. I believe that there is an initial attraction phase that could be described as this falling, but that only covers infatuation really. Love is something that I believe one chooses to feel. It means work. It means staying together even after the wheels fall off. When things get strained, Love stretches but never breaks. Anything else is just a passing phase or pure passion.

Now don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that Love is without passion. Love is FULL of passion and romance and fun, but it also carries pain and vulnerability and frustration. And man is it worth it. The getting there is half the fun too. You have the subtle flirting, then the dates, then the cuddling, then the snogging, then the REALLY fun part. And then you find that you have chosen Love and that you want to be with that person everyday for the rest of your lives. Love is the best feeling and best state of being in the world. The best description of Love was made by Paul the Apostle in his letters to the Corinthian Church. I’ll let You look it up.

I’ve never experienced Love to its fullest, but I have seen it many times in action. I’ve seen it with my oldest friend, Ben and his wife, RaLynn. I’ve seen it in the marriage of my best Friend Chris. And I have seen it the most in the marriage of my really good friend, Chris. No matter what comes at him and Kim, they stick together, back-to-back to face whatever comes at them. They care enough to sacrifice their own desires for each other and their children. I only hope that one day I can find Love in its entirety, just like the examples I have seen from my friends.

Until next time, Ta.

-Jesse W.

2 Comments:

At 12/01/2005 10:19 AM, Blogger Chilly Bastard said...

Great post. Love is definitely a roller coaster ride and it also evolves. Just when you think you can't possibly love anyone or anything more than your partner, love comes around and changes that perception when you have kids. It is amazing. THAT is where you first experience true unconditional love. Sounds like you are on the right track!!!

 
At 12/01/2005 10:22 AM, Blogger DesertElephant said...

Thanks. I ust need to bump into another person, of the opposite sex of course, on said track.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home