Absurd Spices

Fun and frustration from a gimp with an axe to grind. After all, absurdity is the spice of life. There will also be Punch and Pie

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Another Brick in the Wall

I started blogging because I thought I had a lot to get off of my chest. I’d often interject my unwanted, and oft times unappreciated, two cents into any conversation within hearing range. Thus I started to rant in this forum. Thankfully my readership is so small that my reader shouldn’t be too disappointed that there is no new stuff today.

But wait! Something has popped into the noggin!

See, I’ve just started seeing a new woman. We met at a Halloween party that was being thrown by a friend from High School. I was dressed as a dashing Pirate and she was in a nifty little Kitty costume. We had a rather frank discussion about our sexual proclivities, what we did for work, adoption, etc. And, we had an all around enjoyable, drunken time. I got her number after the party.

We started talking somewhat regularly on the phone, and it was during these conversations that I found that she had voted for Kerry. I was somewhat appalled and taken aback, immediately knee-jerking that she was a frothing Lib. So, ready for a good argument, I started to point out the inconsistencies, lies and treason that were the very fiber of her candidate. Later she confessed that she didn’t really follow politics, so didn’t know what any candidate stood for except by 3rd, 4th and 5th hand accounts. But now that I know she doesn’t follow politics, I know how to deal with her when it comes to election choices. And she has a sweet ass, so I let the political stuff slide.

But the thing is, she isn’t the only one. Rock the Vote, Vote or Die, etc. are vehicles setup by a mass media that caters to the lowest common denominator. Today’s 18-29 demographic would rather get their news from John Stewart than any other source. I would find this humorous were it not so sad. Major decisions that will effect the future survival of our great nation, and the protections of our Civil Liberties from extremist “pro”gressive groups, are half in the hands of the uninformed and brainwashed.. They accept the things that they are told as mother’s milk.

It’s actually interesting to watch. I’ve spoken with quite a few Kerry voters (Who still have their Kerry – Edwards stickers on by the way. Can you say, “The dream is dead.”?) and have asked them why they voted for the treasonous son-of-a-bitch. The reasons they gave me were nothing more than the regurgitated agitprop of the DNC and the far Left with a little Michael Moore sprinkled in. When confronted by this lunacy, I would ask the individuals where they got their facts and were they from reputable sources. This made them either wither or get very, very angry and reactionary. Asking a liberal to support their decisions with facts is like kicking The Hulk in the rocks. The reaction isn’t good. However to the uninformed a request to support their strongly-stated assertions is like Kryptonite.

So remember, when confronted by a seeming Lib, Lefty or Democretin, always ask for the facts to back up their groupthink.. This will help you determine if you’re dealing with a propaganda zombie, or merely an uninformed citizen in need of gentle guidance. Remind them that if they don’t research their political views, then they need to do a couple of things:

  1. Don’t just repeat what you have heard and state it as God’s truth.
  2. Do a little research from both ends of the spectrum
  3. Try having an original though, it might be refreshingly different
  4. Stay the FUCK out of the voting booths, because you don’t deserve to decide anything concerning the future of my country.

So remember that the uninformed aren’t that bad…they just need to be quiet on subjects about which they have no knowledge. Also, they need to remember to not foment strife by repeating unverified info that they are just passing down the line. A good talk will help. Sometimes also a baseball bat.

Until we meet again,

-Jesse W.

1 Comments:

At 11/22/2005 9:14 AM, Blogger Chilly Bastard said...

I voted for Bush, mainly out of "If it aint broke..." and more specifically I didn't want that Jackass Kerry anywhere near my military while we are at war. My favorite part of the campaigns was a speech give and the Republican Convention by a long time democratic senator endorsing Bush. I can't remember his name, but is was like Dash Zimmer or something like that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home